Monday, July 12, 2010

July 8 - lilac

What: size 7.5 2 inch heeled lilac mules
From: Aerosoles (outlet)
Purchased: late '90s, early '00s
Cost: Definitely <$20

I've had these forever. I used to wear them with a lilac linen a-line skirt and white blouse. Loved that outfit. Mules can be tricky - they don't just go with anything. And these are a tricky color too, so light. You have to wear something equally light colored, I think. I also have a pair of slightly too small lilac seersucker pants I've wanted to wear these with, but the whole size thing has been working against me. Anyway, have not worn these in forever, mostly because of not having anything to wear with them. I wore them with a light denim skirt and purple top and I don't think it worked, but the shoes were comfortable. Holding onto them until I can either fit into my linen skirt or I give up that dream!

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: