Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 24 - the final green

What: Size 7 light green 2 inch heel strappy sandals
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: early '00s
Cost: less than $20

The final of my three pairs of virtually identical light green sandals. Note these are a size 7. My friend K. and I have been e-mailing about shoes and Talbots, and she so perfectly described why I have three pairs:
"I think I scoured the Talbots outlet for those green ones with you- wanted a pair to match a now-defunct dress I had bought. I think I had multiple green pairs as I kept buying as I went along, not sure they would ever get the specific pair I really wanted! I guess that is how I wound up with yellow, turq, and blue in the same style, too! I think I just donated my turq ones as I cleaned closets before the move, but now I want them back!"
Yep. You buy what you see at the outlet because it's close enough, and you don't know if they'll get the ones you really wanted, and they are really cheap. I think I probably bought these first, since they are 7s. They're fine shoes. Might as well keep them.

Bottom line: keeper, for now. They are comfy.

No comments: