Monday, July 19, 2010

July 17 - another discard, orange this time

What: size 8 orange sandals, 2 inch heel
From: Unlisted by Kenneth Cole, bought at Nordstrom Rack
Purchased: '03
Cost: $15

My sister tried to get me to get rid of these in the great closet clean out of 2008, but I resisted. Not sure why other than I had already parted with so much and there seems to be nothing wrong with these shoes. But they are freaking uncomfortable, too tight and a little ugly to boot. And since I wanted to go away for the weekend without bringing a lot of shoes, these are on the chopping block. They were part of my orange quest period. Quests are weird - I end up buying shoes of the specific color or style just because they are cheap. Now that I am looking back on purchases, I am seeing that they have rarely worked out. Serendipity - with a nice mix of for cheap and comfortable works. I can't buy shoes just because they are cheap. They have to work and be wearable. But it's a dilemma. If I buy an outfit, or piece of clothing, on a whim, and there are no shoes to go with it, of course I'll start looking for the right match.

I think, more than anything, this blog interlude is a way to unearth the stacks of shoes and figure out what really works. Cause I have a lot of rarely worn shoes that can really work in multiple ways, I just need the push to actually wear them.

Bottom line: donate pile!

2 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Good job on the donate (they clearly don't fit).

Rachel et Natalie said...

but they are beautiful and from Nordstrom! I would have had a hard time too