Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4 - red

What: size 7.5 AA-width red tumbled leather mules
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: could not even guess beyond late 90s
Cost: not sure, but outlet purchase means they were around $20

As discussed, my feet have grown. Sigh. Kind of depressing, except I think this might actually help me cull some shoes. When I did a quick look through my shoes, I ran across several that were size 7.5 and just did not fit. Stay tuned, as they are going to be offered online before being donated. Anyway, I've long had a thing for red shoes, but my look through showed me several of the now too small shoes were red ones. And most of my red ones are heels or pumps or heeled loafers. I could actually use a couple of pairs of red sandals now that I'm thinking about it - filed away for future reference when I am checking out the clearance racks.

Anyway, on the 4th I picked these up and checked the size, 7.5. And sighed, thinking they would be too small. And the width - I have discovered at the Talbots Outlet that their shoe sizes are all over the place. I have at least two pairs of narrow shoes from the outlet, and my feet are wide. WIDE. Seriously wide. And yet, these still fit fine. Go figure.

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: