Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 5 - lost but found

What: size 8 brown leather sandals
From: Etienne Aigner - maybe Hecht's?
Purchased: mid 90s, maybe? A long time ago
Cost: I think these were relatively expensive for me for sandals. This is a guess, but they are Aigner, so I think they were $39.99, extra 20% off coupon so $32. But I'm guessing.

Rich walked out of our closet on the 5th, wearing his rarely worn woven leather loafers, and tossed the right shoe at me - looking for these? Aha - yes, for about two years actually. I was pretty sure they were in the closet, but I had been unable to unearth them, and not motivated enough to do a completely thorough search of his side (though it was coming, given the challenge). The left shoe has been under our bed in the under bed storage thing for over a year, lonely. I've done half-hearted searches, but the right shoe remained lost. Great timing. I've had these forever. They are just your basic sandal. Now that I think about it, these might not be quite as old as I think they are. I had another pair of brown woven sandals that I loved from Nine West that Aggie chewed beyond repair (they were also too tight). These might be replacements, bought later 90s.

I had forgotten that these shoes cause a blister on the bottom of my right foot. No idea why, it's a weird place for a blister, but it happens every time. One of those things you deal with when the seasons change - you have to break back in your summer shoes in the spring and your winter shoes in the fall. But these are fine all purpose sandals.

Bottom line: keeper

2 comments:

Elaine said...

If a shoe that causes physical damage every time you wear it can't be culled, what is on the table for being tossed?

AwwwTrouble said...

Hahaha, you made me laugh out loud. The first time you wear it, it causes a blister, which quickly goes away. Actually with these shoes it's not quite a blister, it's hard to even explain - sort of a hot spot on the bottom of my right foot and no place else. But after the first wearing, it's fine. When I switch in the fall to wearing closed heel shoes I always have to re-build up toughness on my heel and then am fine, and the cycle continues in the spring, getting back used to sandals and straps. And so it goes.

A small blister that then forms a small callus is not physical damage. That's just getting used to shoes. Physical damage - blood, giant blisters, sores - now that's cause to get rid of shoes!

Not to worry, I am building up to a purge. I think at least 15 shoes are going away this month.