Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November 3 - a brown thrift store find

What: size 8 brown and tan loafers, 2 inch heel, with bow
From: Naturalizer (bought at thrift store)
Purchased: October 2010
Cost: $17

And here's #18 for the year. I saw these earlier this fall at the thrift store that is one block from my house. This thrift store is in a totally Dangerous Location. Walking to Target? walk right past it. Headed to the Metro? Walk right past it. Library? walk by it, though it's on the other side of the street, exerting its magnetic pull. In short, it is too close to my house. TOO close. (Luckily, Elizabeth's school and the bus downtown - well, 2 of the 3 downtown bus options - are the opposite direction.)

Anyway, I liked these when I saw them, but the thrift store prices all shoes at $24. That's a great price if they're Kate Spade (an awesome pair of funky yellow green sandals that were unfortunately too big for me, sigh). But come on - my average price for completely brand new Naturalizer shoes is less than $18! There was no way I could buy used (slightly used, but definitely worn by some stranger used) Naturalizer shoes for over 20 bucks. But when they ran their $24=$17, now, that was a different story. These shoes are great. Love them. Perfect height. The thing I've been learning in reviewing my shoes is that a good mid-height heel will get a lot of wear. High heels, as much as I love them, just don't fit with my life right now. These would be getting a ton of wear if I wasn't trying to work my way through all my shoes.

I have a good friend in the neighborhood and we try to get to the thrift store every couple of weeks. My sister is coming by and I want to take her there. TSM, when are you going to come visit and go shopping with me?

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: