Monday, November 29, 2010

November 29 - camel

What: size 8 camel loafer pumps with small buckle
From: Enzo Angiolini (Lord and Taylor)
Purchased: ~2003 - 04
Cost: $35

Remember these? Camel heels that over time had become two different colors? I wrote I had acquired another pair of camel heels I liked better and the two toned ones were shoved to the back of my closet. These are the better ones. Love these shoes. Love the color, love the heel, love the fit. Love them so much though they are showing a little wear. I walk on the outsides of my heels (I over pronate? Under pronate? Who knows, bottom line I wear my shoes out from the outside heel in).

See how the outer edges of the rubber heel are almost worn to the wooden part of the heel? So what would typically happen is I'd notice the wear on these, start looking for another pair of camel shoes, and rarely wear these so as not to scuff them up any more. But now that I'm aware of that pattern, I can maybe stop doing it, and either just wear a wider variety of my shoes or perhaps even get these repaired.

They could use new rubber heels and a professional polish, but they're also fine enough now. I used to wear these all the freaking time with a pair of black pants with a window pane pattern in camel, a black t, and camel jacket. Love that outfit. One size too small right now. Sigh.

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: