Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 10 - blah black


What: Size 8 black fabric pumps with 2 inch heel
From: Easy Spirit (bought unknown)
Purchased: ??
Cost: ?? Let's say $25

These have got to be the most blah shoes I own. Designed to be reasonably comfortable and completely boring. They are so boring and blah I have no idea of where or when I got them. But if you want to have a sturdy pair of pumps for a lot of walking, these manage to fit that niche. While being completely 100% unstylish. There is not an ounce of style in them. But, there are times you have a conservative meeting that also requires a fair amount of walking, and these unobtrusively work with pants in that circumstance. Especially if it's raining or something and you don't want better shoes to get dirty or wet. I got a couple of "ditch them" comments over my easy spirit penny loafers, which surprised me as penny loafers are a fairly basic staple that I consider inoffensive. (The picture for the penny loafers makes it look like I wore them with a skirt though, and that wasn't the case, actually, but I took the photo the next day when I did have on a skirt and I agree, that would be a total no-no, but I digress). Anyway, if the penny loafers were unstylish and boring, these are an order of magnitude worse. But yet they do fit a niche: bad weather, pants, lot of walking, conservative meeting. So they will stay.

Bottom line: keeper for infrequent wear

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

For some reason these don't bother me as much as the penny loafers.