Monday, September 20, 2010

September 4 - bronze platforms

What: size 8.5 bronze platform wedge sandals - 3.75 inch heels, with 1 inch platform
From: LOFT
Purchased: May 1, 2010
Cost: $54

I love metallics! Have I mentioned that lately? Well, these shoes, bought in May, would have been the shoes I wore out this summer, if not for my bloggy challenge. Every dinner out, every casual nicely dressed outing, anytime I needed a pick me up these would have been the shoe of choice. Instead I wore them all the time in May, then not again until September! Yikes. Though I got to feature diversity in my shoe wardrobe, and now that I've relaxed my rules, I've worn them a bunch in September.

I read some style blogs, not that many, but my favorite is What I Wore. She's gorgeous, her photos are gorgeous, and I like her vintage-y style. In the spring she had an arrangement with LOFT, and began wearing these shoes. In May, I had an appointment to get my hair cut, but my stylist was running late and told me it would be a half hour before she got to me. No problem, I thought, I'll just duck into the LOFT next door. I thought I was just browsing, but they had 40% off the entire store. Suddenly it got interesting. I saw the right shoe on display and noticed it was an 8.5. Tried it on, and it was a good fit, so flagged down a store employee to ask for the match - only to hear they couldn't find it. I would never have tried on those shoes if not for What I Wore. Knowing how great they looked on, I stared at the shoe another few minutes, then went to the front desk and asked if they could look up if there were other stores in the area who had the shoe. Bingo - a store close by had it. So we called the store, and they were slammed with the 40% off sale, and the manager told me she'd hold the shoes for me and still give me the discount the next day (even though the sale was over that night). I love a meant-to-be-shoe-story.

I chatted some more with the woman at the register, and she told me they were having trouble meeting monthly sale numbers, so corporate had this special at the end of the sales month. It seemed to be working, I said, noting the crowds. LOFT did this at least one other time over the summer, which makes me wonder how well they are doing, but their troubles are the bargain hunter's joy.

These shoes were popular, and I'm glad I grabbed them (though I did see just a very few pairs on sale racks later in the spring), though I kind of wish I had worn them more this summer. They'll be great as long as the weather holds, so I will get more wear out of them. I think they'll work next year, too, at least I hope the cage/gladiator-type look is still in style. The platform makes these shoes the perfect height - 2.75 inches after substracting the 1 inch platform. Perfect. Super comfy. Love.

Bottom line: Is there even a question they are a total keeper?

1 comment:

Kdot said...

You are rockin' these shoes!