Monday, September 13, 2010

September 2 - orange flowers

What: orange-y low heel ankle strap sandals with flower
From: Nine West (the Union Station store)
Purchased: summer '02
Cost: $40

These may have been $30, not $40, but well go with the higher number. I bought them to wear to a wedding of a colleague, and then in '03 wore them to Ryan's wedding. Love these shoes. Always get a ton of compliments on them - that flower on the top is cute. I remember I bought a full-price (gasp!) dress from The Limited to wear, and then on my way through Union Station one day I popped in the Nine West store and just had to have these. They were on sale, I do remember that. A perfect match for the dress, and super comfortable and still quite charming shoes.

They were completely impractical to pack in my suitcase for New Zealand, but there was no way I wasn't bringing them. My fabulous photographer friend Tricia even snapped a photo in the parking lot after the wedding. See below for a better view. You can just see a peek of the dress, but it was cold and I was glad I had my black wrap.

I haven't worn them in a while. Not sure why, other than the whole work in my pajamas thing I have going on, though the color is a tough one. Hmm, maybe with my relatively new things have to GO, not MATCH philosophy I'll find more uses for these.

I have a bunch of shoes that are really distinctive or have unusual detailing (even though, now, in the harsh light of the computer screen I don't think these are all that special), and I guess I want to keep them "special" and not overwear them, or get them nicked up in daily wear. Now the shoe challenge will get those shoes out and featured, at least one day this fall/early winter (stay tuned for my zebra print flats with hot pink accent, or my leopard print with red velvet detailing!).

Bottom line: keeper!

No comments: