Monday, September 27, 2010

September 9 - red loafers

What: size 8.5 Narrow red with patent trim square toe slingback loafer, 2 inch heel
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: late 90s/early 00s
Cost: ?? Maybe $25?

Two things, I have had these shoes forever and man I take crappy photos with my iphone at times. But if I took better pics, with camera/tripod action, I'd never upload them, so we shall soldier on.

And the third thing - I have not worn these shoes in forever. I go through phases with shoes, where I wear them all the time, then put them in the back of the closet, or acquire new favorites, and essentially I feel I am building an archeological time capsule of shoe styles over the past 20 years. I have no idea, though, why I haven't worn these in the work from home lifestyle. Perfect height, not too dressy but not too casual, either.

I used to wear these all the time in 2003 with a very cute black and white flowered shirtdress with red piping at the sleeves and collar. Love that dress, loved that outfit. Dress is still hanging in the closet in Elizabeth's room, but too small by 2 sizes. Should be motivation for me to lose weight, but yet I am slacking.

For shoes that are about 10 years old, they are in decent shape and not really too out of date. The heel is a little chunky, but not too badly. These have to go back into rotation.

Bottom line: keeper

No comments: