Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 14 - pink patent sandals

What: Size 8 pink patent leather low heeled sandals
From: talbots (outlet)
Purchased: Late 90s
Cost: Guessing $25

Since I wore the white ones the day before, I decided to go with the matching pink ones the next day. I used to wear these ALL the time. I had a yellow skirt with pink flowers that matched. I loved these shoes. And then I did what I do - put them in the closet storage and didn't wear them for years. In 2008 I bought a pair of sandals that I thought could be a replacement for these, but they don't quite fill this same niche.

Even though the heels are a bit chunky, I don't think they are terribly out of style? What do you think? I think, after wearing them, plus wearing their match, they've gone from probably discard to probably keep. Hmmm.

Oh, and for both days I'm just guessing on how much they cost. I got them at the outlet, and I got two pairs at once back when I was flat broke and paying off student loans, so I wouldn't be surprised if they cost $10 each. But since I can't remember, I'll go with a more average price.

Bottom line: keeper, for now

No comments: