Thursday, September 9, 2010

August 28 - gold heels

What: gold strappy sandals with a 3 1/4 inch heel
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: April 16, 2010
Cost: $20

My second pair of shoes in 2010. And, if not for this challenge, they'd probably still be unworn, so perhaps blogging shoes is a good thing.

Before my friend K. moved to Florida, we decided we needed to resurrect our Talbots outlet outings, which had gone by the wayside with children, work, and other priorities. So one last trip together and we had some good scores. At $20, these were impossible to resist, even if they aren't the most practical shoes in the world. I knew I had a big dressy work dinner in May, and last year I had worn my hot pink satin heels, so needed to wear something different this year. These were comfortable and cheap and I love metallics and I thought it was worth buying them in case they might go with whatever I ended up wearing to this fancy dinner. Well, ended up with a black dress and wearing new black heels, so these were in my shoe cupboard.

I'm going to admit they look a lot like another pair of gold shoes I bought from Talbots in the early 00s, which have never been worn. But those shoes are gold brocade, so totally different! I need to find an occasion to wear them. Hmm.

Anyway, wore these out to a party with jeans and a dressy top, and they worked great. They were a good buy. But they're never going to get a lot of wear, though over the next couple of years I'm sure I can get the per wear cost down to $2-4 or so. I need a more fabulous life to match my shoes.

Bottom line: keeper

eta: a close up picture. Love the material of these shoes. See the price tag? $39.99, plus they were 50% off. I guess it's sort of snakeskin, which is vastly different than the gold brocade heels I have (and have never once worn).

2 comments:

Herself said...

"I need a more fabulous life to match my shoes'.
:)

Thrift Store Mama said...

Hey - Therese took what I was going to say ! No fair !