Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 3 - the black heels

What: black size 8 3.25 inch heeled strappy sandals
From: Tahari (Lord & Taylor)
Purchased: May 2010
Cost: $54

I believe these are the 5th pair I have purchased this year (though maybe they are the 4th or 6th or so). This year, I have been fascinated with "cage" shoes - those that seem to encase your whole foot in straps. All the rage. So when I saw these on the sale rack at L&T, I had to have them, although they were still pricey. I actually bought them at a higher price, but then they were marked lower the very next week so I got a price adjustment, thank goodness. I had been willing to spend the $70 or so, but it was really too much. Even $54 is too high. But these are cool shoes. I was happy to wear them out at my monthly mom's night out dinner, though we ate at a self serve pick your food up at the counter place (a nice one!) and I warned one of my friends I might need help picking up my food (there was a long flight of stairs involved). But I managed! The straps on these, aside from the very first strap across the toes, are black elastic. So relatively comfy. These are not quite as elaborate as many of the shoes out there, which are often platforms.

I don't know how long cage type shoes will be stylish, and I don't think I will get a ton of wear out of these. They certainly don't pass the professional test, unless maybe I was wearing wide leg trousers. Maybe. At two wearings, it's $26 per wear. I doubt I can get it down to single digits, but you never know, I do have 2 weddings to attend in the next few months so maybe they will get to come out of their box. Though one wedding is on a beach, so these might not be the best choice!

Bottom line: keeper

ps. I have to go back and revise my grey pointy shoes - a pricing error and a couple of better photos added. Also added a close up to my gold heels.

No comments: