Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 13 - white sandals after Labor Day, the horror!

What: Size 8 white patent sandals with chunky 2 inch heel
From: Talbots (outlet)
Purchased: late 90s, I think
Cost: Not sure. Guessing $25

So I wrote August's tally on September 12 (good gravy I am behind on posting!), and lamented that summer was over and I still had sandals to wear, including white ones. Even though summer wasn't over since there were more 90 degree days to come, it was after Labor Day, and white shoes are supposed to be verboten. Especially according to my mother. Well, hooey. If it is early September, and still frigging hot, white shoes can work. So that day after the post, I looked through my white sandals and decided to wear these. (One of the white pairs has never been worn in at least 6 years of ownership, and the other pair is too uncomfortable, but I can't get rid of them as they were my wedding shoes).

These actually have a fair amount of wear, but are still in good shape. I cannot remember at all what I used to pair with them.

There's another style blog I've been reading lately called J's everyday fashion. She's a gorgeous woman who lives in Florida and definitely has that mid-Florida vibe going on. Although her style is not really close to mine, I like reading her and have gotten some ideas. She dresses in a lot of neutrals (also: fab shoes!), so when I pulled out the white sandals, I also grabbed my cuffed jeans, white t-shirt, and pale jacket and thought it was a decent enough casual outfit for September. And when I met my friend Amy for lunch, I even got a compliment.

I thought I might be persuaded to part with these shoes, but I think they get to stick around.

Bottom line: keeper

1 comment:

Kdot said...

Hmmn. Don't know if I am liking the heel on these. Probably comfortable and sturdy, though.