Monday, August 2, 2010

July 30 - hot pink

What: size 8, 2.5 inch pink patent leather/raffia sandals
From: Impo (?) bought at DSW
Purchased: late summer '08
Cost: $28

By late summer '08, I was sick to death of the same shoes I kept wearing over and over, and took myself off to DSW for some retail therapy, and bought these. And, this is the first time I've worn them. They were sort of to replace another pair of pink patent sandals I have that are nearly worn out, but it turns out I rarely wore those anymore (or at least was no longer wearing their matching outfit), so could never find anything to wear with these. These are pretty styling. Like them. Kind of limiting with the hot pink patent, but they work great with the right outfit (which I do not think I was wearing, actually, but I'll find something better).

Seriously, I own too many pairs of shoes. I cannot keep up. If I have enough pairs to wear a different one every day, how in the world can I wear each pair more than once or twice a year (and yet, still whenever I discard a pair or wear a pair for only part of the day, the flip flops come out!). I have GOT to get rid of more, or stop consuming. (ok, yes, this rant is partially fueled by the knowledge that I bought more shoes this weekend. Stay tuned).

Botton line: keeper

3 comments:

Herself said...

These are cute.

Elaine said...

In the clutter book my friend wrote, she wrote about a client of her who had enough clothes to wear a different outfit every day. Her wardrobe was arranged by day as in, every January 25 she wore the same outfit.

Thrift Store Mama said...

Awareness is the first step. "Seriously, I own too many pairs of shoes. I cannot keep up. If I have enough pairs to wear a different one every day, how in the world can I wear each pair more than once or twice a year (and yet, still whenever I discard a pair or wear a pair for only part of the day, the flip flops come out!). I have GOT to get rid of more, or stop consuming"