Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 13 - more black

What: size 8 black mules with stretchy band and stitching
From: Naturalizer (bought at Marshalls on clearance)
Purchased: 2008
Cost: $20

These are super comfy slip ons, but the inside lining is coming apart and bunches up, which is totally annoying. I need to rip that out (free, plus buy liner at drug store), or get it glued back down (cobbler).

These shoes have a history. I saw them at the Naturalizer outlet in what must have been early 2007, and tried them on but passed them up. Then, later that year, someone in my office got a pair and I loved the look of them and was bummed I hadn't gotten them. I coveted her shoes every time I saw them, and on my next outlet trip looked, but they were long gone. Imagine my surprise to find them at Marshalls! But I think they were too high, and I was being frugal at the time, so I resisted. Until they went on clearance! And now they are mine. Victory! I wore them a lot in '09 (hence the tearing and bunching liner) because they are very comfortable and I think look good with a cropped pant, and they filled that black work niche (in spring, summer, and fall, but mules in winter is no good) that gives me so much trouble.

Bottom line: Keeper

No comments: