Monday, August 2, 2010

July 31 - another mistake - and some good buys

What: platform espadrilles with wrap ties
From: Nina (Hechts or Lord and Taylor)
Purchased: '03
Cost: $40? Guessing

I have always, always wanted a pair of wrap around the leg sandals like this. So I got these. I don't remember how much they cost, but I think because of this deep desire, they cost more than I should have paid. (or, alternately, they were so cheap I couldn't pass them up - can't decide, so going with too much as I don't want to artificially keep my average cost down from reality).

Here's the thing about these - that tie is a stiff, rough, twill-like material. And, it's the only thing keeping the shoe on your foot. I wore these once, to work, actually (hmm, probably inappropriate!), and wore sores on my legs where the ties rubbed!

I was in Talbots this weekend and they have a pair of ribbon espadrilles:
Marked down today to $22! Look how the ribbon hooks onto the back, heel strap. These ribbons are decorative, not functional. Comes in a ton of colors, and a snap up the bargain price. (But these are not the ones I bought, though I did try them on).

Speaking of bargains, Talbots marked down all their stuff today (Monday) - and I went shopping Sunday. Garrr. Two more bargains to point out - I would love a pair of red espadrilles, because I don't have that color, but not sure - well I know - I don't need them (only $22 right now!):

And another bargain for today - I love these, but they are only online and so I have no idea on fit, but I think they look fab (though that side angle is hard to see what the decorative thing really looks like, it might be fugly, might be cool) - only $27:
Aren't those a great replacement for the gold sandals? Hmm, if I had not bought two pairs of shoes yesterday, the DAY BEFORE another markdown, these sandals would be making their way to me right now. Which is ridiculous as I HAVE ENOUGH SHOES. You know what? I think shoe blogging is making me think about shoes more than I actually normally do, which is leading to more purchases. I'm up to 14 this year alone.

Anyway, back to the ones I actually own. OK, in addition to wearing actual open sores, they are also now too small. So to the discard pile they go.

Bottom line: bye bye

July wrap up coming soon!

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

"You know what? I think shoe blogging is making me think about shoes more than I actually normally do, which is leading to more purchases. I'm up to 14 this year alone."

Interesting - blogging about clutter makes me de-clutter more often. Did blogging about general clutter have the same effect for you ?