Tuesday, August 24, 2010

August 12 - pointy toes

What: Size 8 pointy toe tan/cognac mules with small buckle and Louis XIV heels
From: Franco Sarto (Lord & Taylor)
Purchased: winter '04-'05
Cost: this is a guess - $36 (I know they came from L&T because they still have the "red dot" sale sticker on them, so whatever they cost they were an extra percent off, plus 20% coupon that L&T always offers, so they might have been cheaper, but let's guess marked down to $50, extra 25% off, 20% off coupon, which is a pretty reasonable guess)

I like these shoes a lot, though I rarely wear them. Love Louis XIV heels. On AwwwTrouble I once talked about my grand plans for maternity leave, but how I only once went to the National Gallery of Art. I wore these shoes that day. I swear they fit like a glove, the leather is like soft butter, they feel totally comfortable - and they wear blisters on my feet like you would not believe. I totally left the Gallery early, and limped home. The blisters are in totally random places, too. You know how you try on shoes and you think, hmm, this is gonna hurt in a few hours? With these shoes, there is no earthy reason why they should hurt. There is no explanation for a blister on the side of my foot, right below the big toe (as one example). These shoes feel so comfortable!

So, I wore them to a meeting downtown. Walked one block to bus stop, walked one block to meeting, sat in meeting, walked 3 blocks different bus stop (stopping at H&M along the way), walked 2 blocks home from the return bus stop. Feet felt ok, but sure enough there was one blister just forming on my 4th toe. Garr!

I really like these shoes! Am completely puzzled by the blister issue. I just learned about footglide, an anti-rubbing product that is supposed to help prevent blisters and hot spots. Might have to try it.

Bottom line: Keeper. Though the blister thing...sigh.

No comments: