Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7 - teal sneaks

What:  size 8 turquoise slip on sneakers
From:  Talbots in Providence, RI
Purchased:  summer 2003
Cost:  $14

Another pair never worn stuffed in the bottom of my closet.  I was at a work meeting in Providence, and our hotel was connected to a mall, and right by the entrance of the mall was a Talbots!  So I snagged these, along with a short sleeve shirt with thin, vertical, black, green, and turquoise stripes (like pinstripes, I guess).  I don't know why I've never worn these.  I think I was originally going to return them, as I really do need a shoe with some support, and then maybe I couldn't find the receipt, or who knows, but they've just lingered.  I like the color, and I could get some wear out of them in spring/summer.  Also, like another pair I recently showed, once you wear these a time or two the wear will really show, so I've probably been "saving" them.  No more saving!  For Pete's sake, they were $14, I can certainly wear them a season or two and toss them!

Bottom line:  keeper! 

3 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Must remember to bring my sunglasses.

Sandy said...

Well, do tell!! How did clean out day with TSM go?

kdot said...

Oh, dear. Keeper? :) I think these are cute, but only if you are Angela Lansbury riding your bicycle around (where? Nantucket?) and solving mysteries. I can almost see the turquoise "athleisure" suit that was made to go with these- elastic drawstring waist, little hoodie jacket= too matronly for you. Toss, girl!