Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6 - the brown clod hoppers

What:  size 7.5 W brown suede, um, loafers?  lace ups?  I think this is the first time I've ever been stymied in describing shoes!
From:  Naturalizer (outlet)
Purchased:  '03?  '05?
Cost:  $18 - guess

Cleaned out the bottom of my closet (ugh!) and there weren't as many hidden there as I feared - only two pairs (actually one pair plus a stray left flip flop, so wondering where the right one is).  I had totally forgotten about these.  I guess you could say they are the brown version of my black clodhoppers!  But I can't remember which I got first, or when I got these.  I kinda think after the black ones, but then again I kinda think I wore them on casual Fridays at SW, which would be before.  So no real idea.  These again fall into the so ugly they are actually cool category (at least to me).  That sole!  The lacing!  They look like dorky 70s shoes you were forced to wear to elementary school when every other girl was wearing delicate sandals.  Despite that, I have some level of fondness for them.  They are a little small - I put them on with a struggle, but they do fit. 

I have on my default Lands End pink trekkers (with jeans, a t, and simple blue sweater), but I could probably put these on and wear them out this afternoon.  I should do that, if I am going to insist on keeping them.  OK, I am wearing them this afternoon. 

Bottom line:  keeper!

No comments: