Friday, December 10, 2010

December 9 - more mary janes

What: Size 8 black fabric square toe mary janes with 2.5 inch heel
From: Bandolino (likely Lord and Taylor)
Purchased: early 00s
Cost: Not sure, but making an educated guess they were around $35

I love Mary Janes. There's just something cute but school-girl-ish about them that appeals to me. I have more than a fair number, I'm going to have to admit. I used to wear these all the time, with tights, a pleated skirt, white shirt, and gray sweater vest.

And when I say all the time, I mean all the time. The right shoe has wear on the inside heel, and the bottoms are quite worn.

Not ready to give them up, but the wear is definitely worrisome. They don't have much time left, but I will treasure what little time we still have together!

Bottom line: Keeper

No comments: