Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 6 - bed side table

Days 3 and 4 we were out of town, and ay 5 was too busy for any decluttering. This puts me behind, but I can catch up. Today's project - my bedside table. I have one of those skirted tables with a couple of storage containers by my bed. But, a few weeks ago, one of the legs of the table broke, probably because the cat uses the table to get to the window.

In our basement we have two small two-drawer file cabinets, both old and not matching anything, so I was thinking of the best way to get rid of them. But then I thought - take the legs off the broken table top, put the tabletop on top of one of the cabinets, and use it for longterm storage of files we have to keep but don't need immediate access to, like old tax returns, etc. Genius!

So step one, get the table out of there, clean out the nearly empty storage boxes that were there, and prep for putting the file cabinet there.

Here's the top of my bed, with twelve things to be thrown away (8) or put in goodwill box (4). I'll throw away the legs of the table, wash the skirted tablecloth, and get R to bring up the file cabinet in the next couple of days. And the two storage boxes can go into the hall bath, for storage of toiletries.

Todays accomplishments: 8 things trashed (to the left of the photo - just random junk). 4 things for donation - three things of lotion, a sachet. 2 storage containers liberated for other uses. Legs of broken table thrown away. A lot of random junk put where it belongs (sewing supplies in the sewing basket, hair clips in hair stuff, etc). And a cleaner bedside!

Total items: 15

No comments: