Friday, October 10, 2008

Day 2 - more boxes

Whew, this is exhausting. OK, so back in January, I left my office job for a contract position. My boxes from the old job landed in the front hallway.
That's 9 boxes. Since January. In our front hallway.
But, the worst part is, the boxes have spawned over the past few months. Just more clutter accumulating, along with a box from the front bedroom migrating down to be cleaned out.
So I spent a large part of Friday going through boxes, throwing stuff away, consolidating, pulling out random office supplies. I'm a little burnt out from boxes - especially only counting each box as one thing. It was a lot of paperwork/stuff to go through. But in the end, I'm kind of back where I started - a neater pile of now eight boxes. The thing is, it's now books and files - and until the office gains a file cabinet and bookshelf, I've done what I can do - at this point, we can stash these in the attic, so at least they're out of the hallway. Well, another of the boxes is something to be mailed, so it will get better.

Today's accomplishments: 3 boxes emptied (and most trashed, some office supplies gathered); 1 poster tube, containing 1 poster, put with the other posters 'to be framed someday' in a good spot in the basement; 1 decorative blank book put in donation box.

Total items: 5

2 comments:

Stimey said...

When I was as pregnant as you, I just sat on a couch. I'm impressed. I'm also extremely jealous of your gorgeous floors.

Thrift Store Mama said...

A big part of containing clutter for me is getting stuff into the room where it goes, even if it's not in it's proper place. So put those books and files in your office, even if you don't have a file cabinet or shelves yet.