Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 1 - getting started

OK, I'm a bit intimidated by the 250 things goal. But I made a valiant effort today. Plus I started the blog!

Anyway - this is our lovely new attic space. See those 5 boxes? From 3 jobs ago. I emptied one today.


I also found some old paperwork from a "lost" Roth IRA. Don't ask, but I lost track of this account from 8 years ago. Called the account manager and got the process started to regain control. (um, abandoned property has control of it now). So this definitely counts as a thing today.

While taking pics of the basement, I saw this box and flipped it open and found it full of wrapping paper, ribbon, tissue paper, and other things wrapping related. Emptied it. About half in the trash, the other half stored with other wrapping paper stuff.

And finally, I'm also going to count organizing things. This picture has been on a table in the dining room for 14 months. I put a mail in the wall and hung it up and tada! Another thing done. It's a religious blessing that hung in R's grandparent's house for years. When his grandmother passed last year and the house was emptied, we put it in our box. So it's definitely a meaningful family piece and I'm glad I finally got it up.


Today's accomplishments: 2 boxes emptied (1 trashed, 1 saved for office supplies, following the principle of zoning - we have office supplies scattered all over); 1 set of paperwork organized and followed up; 1 picture hung.

Total items: 4

2 comments:

V said...

Yay for you!!

Thrift Store Mama said...

Susan, this is a really, really big accomplishment for one day. I'm worried Stimey is going to like you more.