Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 13 - a reminder and baby clothes

So, on Monday our nanny Gee and E went out for most of the day. When E was napping, I asked Gee where they had gone. The "nanny network" has decided that on Monday's, now that it's cold, they'll do playdates at rotating houses. So then Gee says, yes, the house today had a nice finished basement playroom. It seems like most of the houses in this neighborhood have playrooms for the kids in the basement.

Thanks Gee! Nice to be reminded of why we're doing this. I just laughed and said my goal was to have a play area in th basement in the next month. So I've got to stop doing little small things and get cracking on that basement. Even though it's daunting.

Anyway, only another small thing to report. Today I went to visit my friend Vickie, who had the freaking cutest little baby girl ever just over a week ago. (sadly, somehow I neglected to get a picture!). And I was able to drop off a small load of girl clothes.

In other news, on Monday i ran a bunch of errands, including returning two shirts to Lord & Taylor, purchased at the end of summer sale, designed to be worn as both maternity and post baby. Nope, didn't need them. Seriously, if something works as a maternity top, I don't want to still be wearing it post baby. And since both still had the tags on, gone, and money credited. Whew.

Today's accomplishments: 15 baby items passed along (onsies, one piece outfits, tights, a tiny pair of shoes, etc). and 2 tags still on clothing items returned.

Total items: 17

1 comment:

Thrift Store Mama said...

I'm just poking you to remind you to hop to it. And speaking of that, I'm going to get off my a** now and go sort through a box in the basement.