Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 21 - boots the third

What: size 8 pleather tall black boots
From: unknown - these were a no name brand purchased at a discount shoe place (famous shoes? Something like that - the store at Potomac Yards)
Purchased: '03-'05?
Cost: $50

I seriously cannot believe I would buy boots and hold onto them, not letting older pairs go. These are the third pair of black boots I've purchased (over ~10 years), after the first two had become totally worn. Pair #2 had really become unwearable, and I desperately needed a new pair but didn't want to spend a lot of money, so another pair of pleather boots. These are actually pretty worn, too - the pleather is starting to crack and peel a bit. But, they are also quite stretchy, and given my right calf problems, I need stretchier boots, so here we go again, I've stashed these in the boot box under my bed. I really should discard these, but they have an out of the way place to live, so I'll see where things are next fall (ie, what fits my calves!) when I pull out my boots.

Funny, you can see the progression of style in the boots - Pair 1, chunky heel, squared off toe. Pair 2, slightly rounded toe, less chunky heel. These, pair 3, still less chunky heel, almost point toe.

Bottom line: on the fence

No comments: