Saturday, January 29, 2011

January 1 - an old favorite

What: size 8.5 black 3 inch heel slides
From: Bandolino (I think probably Hecht's)
Purchased: very early in DC life - '94-'96
Cost: guessing - $32

These are my sister pair to the brown slides I've really outgrown. I got both pairs at roughly the same time and wore the heck out of them in the 90s. I mean all the time - those two pairs of shoes were my go-tos in warmer months. But I probably haven't worn them in at least 5 years.

These have been in the hanging shoe organizer in my closet and I never got around to them this summer, but I pulled them out for our holiday trip to Florida. We had a beach wedding on Jan 1 to attend, and I though they'd work perfectly, which they did. The heel is awfully chunky, but the wide strap really works with current styles. And they are still really comfy, probably becasue they're an 8.5. I can't remember buying them, I'm surprised I got an 8.5, so there must have been a good price, maybe cheaper than my standard guess.

BTW, my sister, on the brown slide post, thought the brown ones were shoes we had gotten together in Florida, but that's not the case- she's thinking of black and brown hurrache-type shoes (but with a thick sole and heel) from Mia brand. I may have gotten rid of those shoes in the '08 purge, but I don't think I did. I think there is a box stashed in an inconvenient place in the attic that contains those shoes and also my black slouch boots. I am still really annoyed about the slouch boots. I'm going to miss a narrow window when they are back in style. Must find them.

Anyway, back to these shoes - they were worn so much I totally wore down the outside heels, and had to have them repaired - they had to put eveners on them to counter the wear!


Bottom line: still a keeper, though they probably won't get much wear

No comments: