Sunday, January 4, 2009

checking out the basement

I've said how much progress we've made in the basement. Full accounting to come. There's a big stack of stuff to be thrown out or donated in the back area of the basement. But here's some evidence. Remember this?

This is what you used to see when you went down the steps to the basement. A huge pile of unorganized crap.

The night before we had a holiday open house, my mom, my friend Amy, and my brother helped put the finishing touches on this area - a quick and simple cover on the seat that you couldn't even see in the photo above. So now (minus Mom, Amy, and Michael, of course), this is what you see when you go downstairs.
(you can see the TSM TV in the front corner of this photo! I got TSM's permission to try to sell the beast. We'll see what happens. Hmm, if I sell it, can I claim it as a decluttering item?)

2 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

oh yes, if you can sell/get rid of the TV, then it totally counts as a decluttering item!

Stimey said...

I agree that it counts as an item if you sell it. And phenomenal job on the basement!