Monday, February 28, 2011

February 18 - new boots

What: size 8 snow boots in light grey, dark grey, and magenta
From: Lands End (online)
Purchased: February 14, 2011
Cost: $26.50

Well, these were supposed to be the 4th pair of shoes I bought in 2011, but thanks to my shootie
debacle
(yes, I am bitter, why do you ask?), they are the third. Yep, even though I feel deprived and frugal, I am on par to match my purchases from last year. Anyway, I wrote about shoes I might have on my list for 2011, and hiking boots were high on the list. I wrote that I had missed out on Lands End shoes, but then in my daily LE e-mail, there was a special one day 30% off clearance sale. So I checked, and lo and behold the shoes I had wanted and had been sold out were suddenly available (I bet a bunch were bought in the previous 30% off sale, and then returned). So I snapped them up. These are technically, according to LE, snow boots, but they also make perfect hiking boots. They're waterproof, have good tread, and great support. And my orthotics fit perfectly. Honestly, though, I have got to remember that LE runs big, because I could have easily gotten a 7.5 and been fine. But for boots, I figured more room couldn't hurt. Love these. Hope to get lots of wear out of them this year!

Bottom line: Keeper!

No comments: